Thursday 28 March 2013

Nantou Earthquake 27032013

Channel News Asia Report


Just wanna do a quick post to express my relief that im safely back in Singapore.

南投Nantou, 台中Tai chung had a 6.1magnitude earthquake yesterday at 1003 in the morning, and i was at Taipei at that point of time.

I was just at 日月潭Sun moon lake area,which is located at 南投 ,just two days before the quake. It was really shocking as the tour guide was telling us about the 921 earthquake back in 1999 which happened near the same area too. He even brought us to have lunch at this restaurant, which was said to be the last building standing when 921 happened. And 2 days later, an earthquake strike at the same area again.

When the earthquake came, i was already back in Taipei, and i was in my hotel at that point of time. I was preparing to get out of my room when i saw the clothes hangers shaking in the room. At that point of time, it did not register in my head that it could be a quake, as i have never really experienced it before, except for years ago when i was doing my poly attachment at the Suntec towers, when there was an earthquake over at Jakarta. I really thought that it was my room's air con that was too strong, but that didnt make sense too, cause for the whole night, the hangers were not shaking at all.

We ran out of the room and the lucky thing was that our rooms were all at the second level. it all happened in split seconds, and it was a relief that that was the only tremor we felt in Taipei. We didn't know that the damage was so extensive until we saw the news.

God bless Taiwan and please, no more earthquakes for this beautiful country.



No comments:

Post a Comment